Network enabled AIS receiver for base station operation. Simple RJ45 network interface and USB too. Perfect for use with Marine Traffic or AIS Live.
AISnet is a new AIS base station receiver for use at home or in the office. AISNet utilises the same high performance dual channel AIS receiver as the rest of the Digital Yacht range. It also features an ethernet socket that can connect to a broadband router that can be send data to online AIS tracking services.
There are now a large number of internet based web sites, which offer a view of AIS equipped vessels on a background chart therefore allowing users to check the position and identity of ships and yachts. If your home/office is close to the coast you can contribute your data to one of these sites, simply register with the company and they will give you an IP address and port number.
Moreover, using the setup program that Digital Yacht supply, it takes seconds to program the IP address and port into AISnet, which will immediately start sending your local AIS data seamlessly across the internet to be displayed on the site. You can view data that AISnet is collecting, locally on your PC using the free SmarterTrack Lite software. Plug the USB connector into your PC and AIS data will appear on your PC, whilst transmission continues over the internet.
AISnet is also supplied with a universal UK/Euro/US mains adaptor that provides a regulated 12v supply from 240v/110v AC mains.
Visit our youtube video to find out more.
- AIS base station for home or office use
- Integrated ethernet network controller for supplying AIS data to online AIS websites
- High performance dual channel AIS receiver
- Simple configuration via free setup program
- USB Interface for simple plug and play connection to a local PC
- Requires VHF antenna or dedicated AIS antenna (available as optional accessory) or splitter
- Universal Mains power supply included
- Simple “fit and forget” black box solution