Marine PFD with BackTow technology. The perfect gift for the boater or Sailor in your life. TeamO PFDs are brought to you from the UK, made with safety in mind and exceptional care. You can purchase them on-line or you can try them on at a marine Chandlery near you.
- Inflatable PFD harness, designed for shorter offshore sailing, coastal and overnight passage sailing.
- 170N or 38 LBS of buoyancy when inflated
- Lightweight: Inflatable PFD weighs 1.15kg.
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- SOLAS approved Whistle Included
- Adjustable Double crotch straps with soft loop attachment point to clip on to
- Double buckle adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
The only inflatable PFD harness on the market with BackTow™ Technology. TeamO's patented BackTow™ technology functions in a MOB (man-overboard) situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow™ handle that is available on top of the right-hand lung. The wearer is then turned into a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strap and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
Patent number: 2782646
Automatic Firing Head:
Automatic inflation: UML Mark 5i Inflator.
Please see our FAQ to help choose the most suitable inflation system for your inflatable PFD. If you have any questions please contact us so one of our experts can help you choose the right firing head.
Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
Certifications and Approvals:
TeamO inflatable PFD are approved by the following international standards:
- ISO12402-3 approved
Please note: TeamO Inflatable PFDs are a UK-made, world-class product that has the highly regarded world standard of ISO12402-3. TeamO Inflatable PFDs do not have Transport Canada or US Coast Guard approval.
Transport Canada states, "You are required by law to have a lifejacket or PFD (Personal Flotation Device) onboard for each person on a watercraft." The Lifejackets or PFDs must be Transport Canada approved to be counted.
If you are concerned with ISO12402-3 approved inflatable PFD, please click here to visit the ISO standards page.
For any questions regarding standards go to our FAQ or review ISO and Transport Canada websites. At any time feel free to contact us.
* Previously this has been out of stock and is available for an exclusive Pre-Order offer that will be available in January for delivery in February.