Inflatable PFD harness, suitable for inshore and offshore sailing
- 275N or 61.8 LBS of buoyancy when inflated
- Integrated Deck Safety Harness
- Whistle Included
- SOLAS approved water-activated light. (5-year warranty. 8-hour continuous operation once activated)
- Soft Loop attachment point to clip on to
- Double adjusters on the back for improved comfort and fit
Fully integrated Sprayhood included
Back Order. Expected Delivery Late July
The only inflatable PFD harness on the market with BackTow™ Technology. TeamO's patented BackTow™ technology functions in a MOB (man-overboard) situation when the wearer is still tethered to a vessel.
After inflation, the wearer manually pulls the large BackTow™ handle that is available on top of the right-hand lung. The wearer is then turned into a face-up seated position in the water and they are towed alongside the vessel safely.
BackTow reduces the risk of injury during recovery by functioning as a strong point. A halyard can be clipped to any part of the BackTow strap and even a small person can then recover a MOB wearing a TeamO with the use of a winch.
Patent number: 2782646
Automatic Firing Head:
ProSensor Elite Inflation System - The Pro-Sensor firing head works by using a water-activated system. A compressed paper capsule is contained within the firing head. When it becomes wet it dissolves and releases a spring which fires the CO2 cylinder and inflates your PFD. The firing head is designed so that water must travel upwards inside the unit to dissolve the paper pellet. It is then also protected by the inflatable PFD cover. This means that spray and rain will not cause accidental inflation.
- Suitable for adult chest sizes 68cm-144cm
- The 275N inflatable PFD has a larger bladder inside and requires a larger (60g) Co2 bottle to inflate it. It is intended primarily for offshore use in extreme conditions. It is also useful for sailors in very cold climates where you may be wearing extra clothing that could trap air around the body and adversely affect the self-righting capability of a smaller inflatable PFD.
Certifications and Approvals:
TeamO inflatable PFD are approved by the following international standards:
- ISO12402-3 approved
Please note: TeamO Inflatable PFDs are a UK-made, world-class product that has the highly regarded world standard of ISO12402-3. TeamO Inflatable PFDs do not have Transport Canada or US Coast Guard approval.
Transport Canada states, "You are required by law to have a lifejacket or PFD (Personal Flotation Device) onboard for each person on a watercraft." The Lifejackets or PFDs must be Transport Canada approved to be counted.
If you are concerned with ISO12402-3 approved inflatable PFD, please click here to visit the ISO standards page.