Patented zero loss technology lets you share your main VHF antenna with both the VHF and AIS. Compatible with transponders and receivers.
An AIS receiver or transponder requires a VHF antenna. However, Digital Yacht’s new SPL1500 VHF antenna splitter allows an existing antenna to be used for both the AIS and VHF (DSC). Unlike most simple splitters, the SPL1500 can also be used with a class B AIS transponder system. It also incorporates special circuitry to ensure safe operation of the two transmitting devices. The unit has three simple connections – one input for the main VHF antenna and then outputs for the AIS receiver/transponder and another for the DSC VHF. It utilises Digital Yacht’s new, patented, ZeroLossTM technology, to ensure the very best possible reception and transmission from all devices. Most importantly it is also fail safe. This means should the unit ever stop working or lose power, it will not affect the main VHF operation. Until now, Digital Yacht, have recommended a dedicated antenna for a receiver or transponder. However, with the new this new ZeroLoss ™ technology, we can now offer a solution that greatly simplifies installation whilst maintaining performance. The unit is waterproof and matches the aesthetics of the current AIT1500, so can easily be integrated into any vessel. It is suitable for operation on 12V or 24V systems. Three LEDs show the status of the SPL2000. LEDs indicate the correct powering of the unit; and also when the AIS or VHF transmits.
- VHF antenna splitter – Enables an existing VHF antenna to be used for both the standard VHF and AIS system
- Patented ZeroLossTM technology for exceptional performance
- Works with all Class B transponders and receivers
- Supplied with power cable, PL259-PL259 cable assembly and BNC-BNC cable assembly for easy installation (all cables 0.50m long)
- 12v or 24v 0peration and low power consumption
- Fail safe operation
- Same size and design as the AIT1500
- Makes installation of an AIS receiver or transponder very quick and simple
- Saves on additional antenna clutter